An Associate Account Director is at the heart of our Media organization, which is at the heart of our Agency. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about media, marketing and driving growth for our clients’ business.
In this role, you will be working to conceive, deliver and measure the impact of advertising campaigns across a variety of industries. In many instances, you will be the most senior part of a project team. Although we're an ad agency, our work product combines strategic consulting, media planning and buying, creativity and advanced analytics.
Beyond the client-facing aspects, the Associate Account Director is part of our media management organization. The Associate Account Director is jointly responsible for managing and mentoring our media staff, working with platform partners and participating in new business pitches.
About the Agency:
Gupta Media was founded 20 years ago on the idea that advertising could create huge leverage in our client's business. Our early work was focused on the entertainment industry, specifically live events (Boston Calling, among others) and recorded music (Sony Music, Universal Music & Disney are all clients). More recently, we have dramatically grown our work with big brands (Amazon, Fender) and cult/challenger brands (Island Creek Oysters, Industry West). We have a global client base with a growing local roster.
Why you should apply:
- The average Account Director (your manager) has been at Gupta Media for over 10 years. The ability to learn from seasoned media executives is an amazing opportunity. We have a culture that prioritizes our people, growth and opportunity.
- Harvard Business School has taught a case study about us (Gupta Media: Performance Marketing in the Age of Digital) as part of their first-year MBA program the last two years.
- If you love the thrill of the unknown, you’ll love the problems our clients call us with. In 2021, we’ve already helped reintroduce an enterprise-grade database company to the market, helped Dua Lipa bring joy to millions of fans through her livestream and pitched a company that wants to eliminate mosquitos.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience managing ROI-focused digital media campaigns;
- Deep interest in how macro trends (legislation, technology) influence the digital media landscape;
- Broad understanding of other forms of marketing (PR, social, email, SMS);
- The ability to create clarity around complex topics;
- Great presence and presentation skills;
- A sense of culture & trends;
- A teacher's heart. This role involves managing, educating and mentoring junior staff;
- Comfortable with “hands-on” management of tasks, and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously. Agency life moves fast, and our clients have high expectations;
- High threshold for working in an ambiguous, fast paced start-up like environment – figuring it out and adapting as you go;
- Drive to innovate.
- 5+ years of experience with at least 3 years in paid social, including campaign creation, optimization and analysis, preferably in an agency environment;
- Experience with Facebook Ads & Google Ads are required and experience with Snap Ads Manager, TikTok Ads Manager, LinkedIn Campaign Manager preferred;
- Track record of building and growing large paid media accounts;
- Strong analytical skills and technical competency using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements;
- Experience managing and mentoring staff;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising, Marketing or a related field.
At Gupta Media, we work hard every day to be better at all that we do — and that includes fostering a diverse and inclusive community that encourages and respects a broad range of backgrounds, experiences and ideas. Join us and help us find the next great idea.