We are Gupta Media, a Boston-based marketing agency founded 20 years ago on the idea that advertising could create huge leverage in our client's business. Our early work was focused on the entertainment industry, specifically live events (Boston Calling, among others) and recorded music (Sony Music, Universal Music & Disney are all clients). More recently, we have dramatically grown our work with big brands (Amazon, Fender) and cult/challenger brands (Island Creek Oysters, Industry West). We have a global client base with a growing local roster.
We are looking for a talented People Operations Generalist to join our team and help power our exciting growth. Reporting directly to our Head of People, you will be essential to ensuring that all team members have a positive experience at Gupta - from their first interview to alumni status and everything in-between. Our ideal candidate will be a “hands-on” HR generalist who knows the agency space, has a creative mindset, and great skills in building and fostering team relationships.
How you will impact our Agency:
- You will work closely with our Head of People to recruit new talent to Gupta Media. This covers both inbound (manage job postings and applications) and outbound (manage recruiting events, networking);
- You will work closely with Management to ensure that new hires have a great experience from Day 1 to their last day. This includes Day 1 onboarding, but extends through their first weeks and months at Gupta;
- You will help manage and execute our benefits program. This role will be the main point of contact for benefits. The right candidate will both grow new benefits and oversee administration of existing programs;
- You will help ensure compliance by entering and maintaining quality data and documentation in our HRIS, ATS, and related systems, while always looking for ways to improve and automate HR processes;
- You will help shape and drive internal culture. We’re looking for someone that can drive the development of user-friendly, accessible policies and procedures that provide a positive employee experience, including support of recognition programs and ERGs within Gupta Media;
- Partner with our Finance team and be the point of contact for submitting any updates (compensation changes, state benefits coordination etc.) ahead of payroll processing;
- Coordinate exit interviews, change of status and separation letters where applicable, including ownership of the offboarding checklist.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of experience in a People Ops, HR Generalist or similar role, ideally within an agency environment
- Working knowledge of employment laws and regulations at federal, state and local levels
- Experience in benefits administration
- Background in PeopleOps tools including HRISs, ATSs, and Google Workplace
- High level of emotional intelligence and integrity, trusted to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment across multiple projects and priorities demonstrating excellent time management skills, organization and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience in relationship building with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with a aptitude for problem-solving
At Gupta Media, we work hard every day to be better at all that we do. This commitment extends to being better at fostering a diverse and inclusive community that encourages and respects a myriad of backgrounds, experiences and ideas. Join us, and help us make ourselves better.
To apply, please submit a resume and a quick note on why you are the perfect candidate for Gupta Media.